I decided to take a drive down to River Forest and see how things were progressing. I was surprised to find the fuel dock, along with one of the smaller docks on the river! Last time I made a trip down to the marina, all the docks were stacked up in the parking lot! Over the next 3 weekends, yacht club members are encouraged to come out and help to get the marina ready for boating season.
Next weekend, we will make the trek to E. Brady to take our boat out of the mine. Have made arrangements to haul the boat directly to our marine machanic for spring service (oil change, service outdrive, replace impeller, gimbel bearing and connect our water heater to the engine) He should complete the work, over the following week and we can haul it home - ready for a fresh coat of bottom paint, a wax job and load up all our gear! If all goes as planned, we will launch on May 3rd!
No comments:
Post a Comment